How To remove write protection from USB/Pendrive
Here are the working ways which are tested and working properly. I hope this three ways might help you to remove write protection from USB/pendrive.
1.Remove write protection by Using Registry Editor :
1.First You need to open the Registry editor in your PC.
2. For this, Click on Start button –> Run –> and type “regedit” and press enter.
3.Now you see a pop up menu which have 5 folders.
4.Now you need to navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE –>SYSTEM –> Currentcontrolset –> control.
6. Open a new note pad file.
7. Copy the below path
” cdreg add “HKLMSystemCurrentControlSetControlStorageDevicePolicies” /t Reg_dword /v
WriteProtect /f /d 0 ”
( Copy it without Quotes )
8.Then save file as DISABLEWP.BAT
Yeah ..!! You are done .This pen drive works normally now as write protection is removed .
2. Using Command prompt to remove write protection :
1. First you need to open Command prompt, Go to Start –> Run –> type ‘CMD’ and press enter.
2. Type ” Diskpart ” in command prompt window and press enter, then it will appear as shown below.
3.Beside of diskpart > type ‘List Disk’ and press enter. This will show configuration and properties of USB.
4.Now Type ‘attributes disk clear readonly’ and click enter to remove the write protection on your usb.
By Using the above commands,all the data in your Pen drive will be erased completely and you can use pendrive normally
3. Format the Pen drive before OS Boots:
1. First of all you need to shut down your PC first.
2. Connect your Pen drive to the PC in switch off mode and turn the PC on now. While Computer is about to start , press F8 before ” Starting Windows ” appears.
3.You will be redirect to Advanced booting window.
3. Then select ” Safe mode ” using key board.
4. As soon as pendrive is detected , navigate to local disk on PC.
At the starting you will see like (default Local drive C ) C: Windowssystem 32 >
Now type the drive name to which the pen drive is connected.
For example your Pen drive is detected as ‘G’ drive, then type ‘G’ and press enter.
5. Now enter G: format G and then appears Y/N , type ‘Y’ (yes) to confirm.
By Following this Process your pen drive will be formatted and data will be cleared before OS is booted,
so that you can remove the write protection of your Pen drive.
Hope you can remove write protection of USB/pendrive/hard disk using this tricks. Use either of the methods , if one method don’t work with your device.Follow the process step by step carefully. Do it at your own risk.
Keep visiting alltricksbuzz for more tricks.